A 21-year-old student from Yorkshire tragically died just hours after arriving back at university to begin his third term.
Nathaniel Pavlovic, from Halifax, was one of four students to die from suspected drug overdoses in the north east of England in early October.
Mirror Online reports that Nathaniel was a student at Northumbria University with an inquest hearing that he died after taking substances which were ‘yet to be identified’.
Nathaniel was identified by his dad Alex Pavlovic on October 4 in the Royal Victoria Infirmary Newcastle.
He was out drinking with friends the night before he died, and was said to have taken an unidentified substance.
Newcastle University students Stephanie Sillifant and Jeni Larmour, both 18, also died the same weekend as Nathaniel prompted an investigation and stern drugs warning by police.
At the time of the tragedy, Northumbria Police feared the deaths of both women could be linked to the horse tranquiliser ketamine and it was feared Nathaniel may have taken MDMA.
A fourth youth, Mark Johnston, 18, of Washington, Tyne and Wear, died over the same weekend, also after having allegedly taken MDMA.
Northumbria Police said they had arrested a total of 11 people in connection with the four deaths. “Enquiries remain ongoing,” said a spokesman.
Chief Inspector Steve Wykes encouraged any students in possession of illegal drugs to contact their university wellbeing teams or visit their local police station in order to dispose of them safely.