A McDonald’s customer has told of her horror after spotting a rat at its Salterhebble premises in Halifax.
The woman who didn’t want to be named said she filmed the rodent in the area close to where customers’ orders are taken while waiting in the drive-thru above the vent.
She said: “It was taken last Thursday night. I was only wanting two coffees but didn’t wait after seeing that. You could go down and take your own video and there wasn’t just one rat squatting.
For the latest Halifax news, head to our dedicated Halifax homepage
“I can assure you I just hope it’s had its eviction papers served now . And fair enough, McDonald’s got on top of the litter problem and have boxes out on the ground but rats ain’t stupid.
“Why have they not vandalise-greased all the drain pipes and everything they can climb up on?
“It isn’t as if McDonald’s don’t make enough money to be on top of this situation traps in the roof frequently checked would help.
“I did try phoning Calderdale Council ‘s Environmental Health department before I released the video.
“I’m just letting people know they have the choice now whether to still eat there or not because I love a Big Mac but wont be having one for a while, thank you.”
A McDonald’s spokeswoman said: “We take cleanliness and hygiene very seriously in the area surrounding the restaurant.
Enter your postcode to check food hygiene ratings near you
“Pest control experts carry out regular routine checks of the site and have been called out to assess the situation in the car park behind the restaurant.
“Consultation is ongoing and we will follow their recommendations to address the problem.
“This issue does not in any way affect the inside of the restaurant, which has a 5-star Food Hygiene rating.”
To get the latest email updates from Examiner Live, click here .