Two taken to hospital after Halifax chip pan blaze

Two people have been taken to hospital following a house blaze involving a chip pan in Halifax.

Firefighters from four fire stations attended the fire in High Lees Road, Mixenden, at 6.30pm yesterday (Thursday April 28). The crews from Illingworth, Halifax, Fairweather and Bradford fire stations used one hose reel and two breathing apparatus as they tackled the blaze.

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said that a woman was helped to safety suffering from smoke inhalation. She was given first aid before being taken to hospital by ambulance along with another person who was outside the burning building when the emergency services arrived.

Read more: Police name ‘kind, laid back’ biker killed after being hit by a car in Bradford

The fire service said that smoke detectors had been fitted and sounded the alarm. It added that people are seven times more likely to die in a fire if they don’t have working smoke alarms and urged people to test the smoke alarms of older family members, neighbours, or friends who may need help to do so.

For more stories from where you live, visit InYourArea.

YorkshireLive – Halifax