26 Nov Tier 3 Confirmed For West Yorkshire
Decisions on which area goes into which tier are primarily based on 5 key epidemiological indicators:
- Case detection rates in all age groups
- Case detection rates in the over-60s
- The rate at which cases are rising or falling
- Positivity rate (the number of positive cases detected as a percentage of tests taken)
- Pressure on the NHS, including current and projected occupancy
The indicators are designed to provide a full picture of what is happening with the virus in any area so that suitable action can be taken.